We are a generalist recruitment company based in the heart of the Garden Route in the Southern Cape. Customer service is an integral part of our job and not an extension of it! Our company’s most vital asset is its customers. Without them we would not and could not exist in business. We pride ourselves on our ethics and professional manner in which we conduct our business.
Job Title: Head Chef
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
- The Head Chef is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the annual plans for Kitchen and Stewarding operations. This includes assisting with developing and proposing the supporting budgets, manning needs and CAPEX/OPEX requirements.
- The Head Chef works closely with the senior management team to ensure the Kitchen and Stewarding operations are aligned and support the wider objectives of the organisation.
- The role creates the systems and conditions that enable the kitchen and stewarding teams to provide guests with outstanding food products that are professionally presented and of exceptional quality, nutrition, taste, food safety, culturally sensitive and responsive to individual needs.
- The Head Chef is actively involved in attracting, selecting, training, developing and coaching the Kitchen and Stewarding teams.
- The Head Chef actively stays up to date with developing practices in food production and hygiene, including new machinery and equipment to improve storage, food production, transportation and presentation of food and services.
- Thinking Ability
- Ability to develop strategic direction for the kitchen and stewarding function to support organizational aims.
- Ability to influence leadership and management teams.
- Ability to implement change and support people through times of transition.
- Ability to develop innovative and creative food products.
- Ability to oversee and simultaneously pay attention to a number of demands.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams.
- High levels of verbal and numerical ability
- Ability to correctly communicate detailed information and instruction to others.
Academic Qualifications and Background
- A formal management qualification
- Bachelor degree and/or diploma in Culinary Arts
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in English, in written and verbal form.
- 8 Years’ experience in a culinary leadership role
- Demonstrated extensive previous experience in a luxury hotel, cruise or private residence environment
- Job Technical Skills
- Ability to lead kitchen and stewarding teams
- Experienced in overseeing and directing multiple teams
- Experienced in selecting, motivating and guiding culinary management and operations team members
- Experienced in preparing annual plans including budgets and monitoring financial performance
- Competent in developing and ensuring policies, processes and standards are implemented and applied across the kitchen and stewarding functions
- Ability to analyze and improve kitchen and stewarding operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ability to monitor and ensure compliance with health, safety, security and other legal requirements across kitchen and stewarding operations
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite Applications
- Committed to creating an environment where kitchen and stewarding teams are able to provide exceptional levels of service to others
- Ability to influence others to adopt a collaborative working style and teamwork across departments and functions
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adjust and adapt to changing circumstances in a fast paced and deadline driven service environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results, even when urgent and deadlines are short
- Emotionally stable, even tempered and calm when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Demonstrates exceptional levels of integrity
- Ability to work independently without receiving detailed instructions
- Embraces, supports and models organizational values and culture
- Ability to work for extended hours with at times limited periods of rest
Application Deadline: October 31 2023