Posted on :
11 Nov, 2013
11 Nov, 2013
Effective risk management is fundamental to the business activities of the Standard Bank Group. While we remain committed to increasing shareholder value by developing and growing our business within our broad determined risk appetite, we are mindful of achieving this objective in line with the interests of all stakeholders.
The role requires the incumbent to take responsibility for identifying, measuring, managing and reporting market risk exposures, relative to a predetermined risk appetite, across a range of Global Markets trading desks. In order to do so, optimum use is required to be made of risk, front office and reporting technology, in addition to which daily interaction with the trading team(s) and other related business support functions will be necessary.
– Produce and analyse market risk reports that clearly show the risk exposure across trading desks.
– Debate positions being run with the relevant trading teams.
– Manage any breaches of risk appetite on a daily basis.
– Ensure that the trading books are appropriately marked-to-market on a daily basis.
– Interact with other business units, including Global Markets, Product Control and other risk functions.
– Daily debugging of the reporting process to ensure accuracy of reported risk exposures.
– Prepare summary reports of risk exposures, market events, potential areas of stress and any other matters pertinent to the trading books for senior management.
– Appropriate quantitative post-graduate qualification.
– BSc Honours Maths/ Stats/ Applied Maths/ Financial Engineering.
– 4-6 years of Market Risk experience across relevant asset classes.
– Working knowledge and experience in Asset Liability Management would be an added advantage.
– Experience with directly managing staff.
– The suitable candidate will be a detailed worker and must be able to manage projects and timelines in a structured way.
– Ability to perform duties with minimal oversight and be able to work under pressure.
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Strong analytical ability and quantitative skills.
– Ability to organise and implement measurable solutions to fulfil challenging targets, and support our corporate business objectives.
|Job ID #: 566||Country: South Africa|
|Job Sector: Investment Banking||Region/State/Province/District: Gauteng|
|Closing Date: Nov 21, 2013||Location: Rosebank|