Posted on :
25 Nov, 2013
25 Nov, 2013
The Supply Chain Business Administrator will coordinate and execute a range of activities, which are grouped together in the following three core areas:
• Executive support for the Supply Chain Executive;
• Business Process support for Supply Chain Planning;
• General support for senior Supply Chain team.
A key role of the BA is to support the Executive, but also to provide business process and analyses support for the Supply Chain Planning team. In addition, the BA will also provide general secretarial duties, such as making travel arrangements and organising meetings, for the senior management team in Supply Chain.
• Good communicator
• Pro-active approach
• Work independently with decision-making ability
• High organisation and coordination capability
• High degree of accuracy and consistency
• Professional demeanour and approach
• Calm under pressure
• Honest, strong personal ethics and track record of working in a confidential environment
Business / Functional Skills:
• Basic knowledge of Supply Planning processes, ideally within an FMCG environment
• Experience of Customer Service processes, ideally within an FMCG environment
• General data analyses experience
Required Skills – Essential Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be in possession of:
• Post matric qualification – to a degree level or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a secretarial role supporting a senior manager, with proven:
o Communication and Report writing skills
o Presentation and Spread-sheet skills using Microsoft Office
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience of providing business process support, ideally in a Supply Chain or Service function
Duties & Responsibilities Major Accountabilities:
• Making local and international travel arrangements;
• Conserving executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; preparing reports, collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; submitting expense claims; and by acting as a gate-keeper to the Executive
• Maintaining executive’s diary by planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and special events
• Performing ad-hoc personal tasks for the executive from time to time
• Supporting the executive in his authorisation and contract approval role by ensuring backup documentation is up to date and in place
• Welcoming guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Protecting Parmalat, its operations and staff by keeping information confidential.
• Following up on outstanding deadlines and managing small projects with limited complexity
• Collecting, analysing and packaging management information, such as monthly reporting book, in a professional and consistent manner. Prepare required PowerPoint presentations (such as regular monthly Exco presentation), Xcel spreadsheets, MS Word documents and other relevant information in a professional and pro-active manner.
• Securing information by completing data backups.
• Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
• Maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributing to team environment by handling general departmental activities such as notice boards, social events or similar as needed.
• Providing selected Supply Planning process support, e.g.:
o Helping with data analyses, sorting out queries, product ordering, MRP process;
o Acting as back-up to Category Synchronisation Managers;
o Supporting Demand Analytics processes.