At takealot.com we firmly believe that the people with the best people win. And we plan on winning. So if you think you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you.
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly curious BI Intern to join our team in Cape Town, for a period of 3 months.
This internship will give you a massive advantage in pursuing a career in Business Intelligence and a great starting point for a career in Data Science or even Machine Learning.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity, to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you’re prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform data extraction using SQL or other methods from numerous data sources
- Perform data analyses to address complex business questions
- Partake in team projects, which will include learning and understanding the business processes, as well as how to design a technical solution/application
- Identify areas where we can use technology to make processes more efficient
- Assist with designing and developing QlikView models to help business leaders in their decision making
- Translate massive data sets into actionable business results
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn and an ability and desire to teach oneself
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or any other similar qualification (Honours preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL, Python and/or a BI Reporting tool will be advantageous
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!