Posted on :
7 Feb, 2014
Job Requirements (Qualifications/Experience/Special Requirements) Qualification:
A 3 year or more IT Diploma/Degree or Engineering and SAP Netweaver (Basis) or PI or Portal or Solution Manager Certification.
The candidate should have 5 years or more of SAP Basis experience and be certified in SAP, i.e. Netweaver or PI or Portal or Solution Manager. Knowledge of the SAP systems on Java platform will be a preference. The candidate has to have knowledge of either SQL Server or Oracle or DB2 database integrating with SAP. Knowledge of Linux or Unix or Microsoft will be an advantage.
– DB2 knowledge and experience on SAP.
– Must be prepared to work after hours when required.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Must be able to mentor junior staff.
– Must be able to do knowledge transfer to the rest of the team.
– Must have good communication skills to build good relationship with customers.
Core Description (Duties & Responsibilities) JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
– Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production)
– Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly
– Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
– Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
– Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers
– Distribute the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload
– Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances
– Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
– Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
– Administer the SAP database (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.)
– Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/ import client) as required
– Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades, SAP Enhancement Packs and version upgrades
– Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology
– Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces
– Provide status reports for projects to management
Operating Systems; SAP Application Tools; Computer Software; Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2), SAP Netweaver, ITIL.
Operating System Administration; Database Administration; SAP Basis Administration; Analytical; Communication; Project Management; Organizing (Planning) Techniques; Problem Solving.
Patient; Innovative; Initiative; Reliable; Assertive; Decisive; Proactive; Customer Focused; Team Player; Responsible; Accountable.
|Job Title||Specialist, SAP Basis Administrator|
|Business Unit||Telkom Data Centre Operation|
|Service Organisation||DCO Operations|
|Number of Positions||2|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Town / City||Centurion|
Closing date: 10th Feb, 2014