The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) is an independent non-profit organization founded in 2012 by a partnership of African development organizations. Recent Job Opportunity
It was built on the work of the Comprehensive African Agriculture Development Program (CAADP), a framework for achieving ambitious agriculture development goals set in place by African nations and leaders.
Job Title: Accounts Coordinator
Employment type: Twelve Months, renewable.
- Registering of New Account Codes on the Accounting System.
- Handling of Local & Field Offices Supplier payments – taking into consideration the Withholding Taxes and Vat for various countries AFAP operates in.
- Verifying/Checking Supplier payments ensuring proper processes & procedures are followed.
- Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query.
- Setting up payments on the bank system.
- Posting of payments on the Accounting system.
- Follow up on Travel liquidations/Expense Claims; check and approve the accuracy of the information, post information on the Accounting System.
- Posting of Accruals & Pre-payments.
- Raising month-end Journals and ensuring that the information is accurately collated & entered into the system.
- Petty Cash Accounts – Checking, authorizing, recording information on to the system & reconciliation of Petty Cash Accounts.
- Reconciling General Ledger Accounts.
- Cashbooks/Bank Accounts – Check bank balances, record bank deposits, investigate funds returned by the Bank, prepare Cash flow report & Month-end Bank Reconciliations.
- Writing off exchange rate variances on Bank Control Accounts.
- Assist Auditors during audits and ensure the timeous submission requested information to the Auditors.
- Assisting on any task given by the Financial Director.
- Able to read and understand Contracts while adhering to guidelines for processes and compliance.
- Grade 12/Matric
- Accounting Diploma or Equivalent an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a busy organization in a finance role;
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive experience of using and running financial systems, ensuring compliance, maintaining accurate records and reporting against general good accounting practice.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
- Knowledge of the donor environment is essential.
- Experience in working with different currencies.
Qualified applicants, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to support your application, along with salary requirements to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 September, 2019