The Children’s Hospital Trust is an independent non-profit organisation established in 1994 to raise funds to support the specific projects and needs within the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, with the aim of providing advanced health care exclusively for children in sub-Saharan Africa. The Trust raises Funds for the upgrade and upkeep of the Hospital buildings and facilities, so that state-of-the-art equipment and new treatment programmes, as well as training of medical professionals across Africa, can be continually provided. This funding ensures that the Hospital retains its world-class status and will be able to continue providing life-changing and life-saving care for all children.
Job Title: Head of Fundraiusing and Communications
Job Location: South Africa
The HEAD OF FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNICATIONS will report to the CEO and form part of the Senior Management team. You will be responsible for development and implementation of an ambitious, innovative and effective fundraising and communications strategy in line with the objectives of the Trust’s organisational strategy to achieve long-term sustainable growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least ten years of proven experience in leadership and strategic management level and this MUST include extensive FUNDRAISING expertise.
- Extensive track record of facilitating creative and innovative thinking and implementation
- Excellent relationship building skills with donors, potential stake-holders and corporate entities and individuals who support the Trust.
- Sound management skills in problem-solving, analytical thinking and excellent time-management
- Strong expertise in managing a team, building and motivating high performance and effective output throughout the staff.
- Good Communication ability in both written and verbal form, and excellent public speaking skills across various events.
Your focus and responsibility will be to :-
- Lead and develop an innovative and effective fundraising strategy to underpin the goals and to accelerate income growth across various funding streams.
- Generate new funding streams and opportunities to increase income
- Develop and deliver high-impact communication strategies across the entire spectrum of communication disciplines including digital media, public relations, brand management, marketing, internal communications, events and publications.
- Collate and co-ordinate relevant fundraising and communication information with internal and external stakeholders through various reporting platforms.
PAT STEWART of ANCHOR EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT has been retained to source the selected candidates for referral to this organisation. Therefore, in order to assess correctly if you meet these requirements, and have relevant skills, in this arena, please send your CV, Motivational letter and current or recent SALARY to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 10 May, 2019