The Homestead Projects for Street Children,successfully transitions neglected and traumatised children away from the street, back home or on to successful independent living through a holistic set of prevention, outreach, stabilisation, residential care, and family reunification and youth transition programmes.
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Cape Town
Remuneration: R15 500 per month (gross), plus provident fund. An Annual performance consideration may be paid depending on the performance of the organisation.
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of this position is to find a person to be in its Drop-in Centre in Valhalla Park Cape Town. This position is dependent on continued DSD funding.
- Provide daily psychosocial support to the neglected, abused, school dropout, and vulnerable children of Valhalla Park.
- Provide social work, school after-care, school attendance, crises and family intervention support services to the children attending the Homestead Drop-in centre.
- Do assessments, develop and manage IDP’s and provide therapeutic services to neglected, abused, school drop-out, street children.
- Refer children to statutory services when necessary.
- Help coordinate and run the daily Drop-in Centre programme, including holiday programmes, parent training, etc
- Afrikaans as a home language and ability and willingness to work in the Valhalla Park community, do Home and school visits, etc.
- Drivers licence (a learners licence will not be considered)
- Degree in Social Work and valid/current SACSSP registration
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, as well as Afrikaans as home language.
- Computer literacy Microsoft (Word, Excel, email, social media and the web)
- Willingness to complete a pre-employment Polygraph examination as well as to undergo in-depth reference and character checks.
- That your name does not appear on the Child Protection register and there is no reason why you cannot work with children.
- Two recent and contactable references, one of which must be work related.
- High energy individual, with a drive for detail, reliable, and able to work independently in the field and as part of a highly motivated team.
Submit CV detailing your chronological work experience, two recent and contactable references (one of whom must be a previous employer), a motivation letter, and copy of your SACSSP registration and drivers licence to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 14 August, 2020