Posted on :
9 Oct, 2014
DISCOVERY IS OFFERING THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME FOR 10 OF SOUTH AFRICA’S BRIGHTEST YOUNG PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR WEALTH MANAGEMENT NQF LEVEL 5 LEARNERSHIP.
The Learnership programme consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 1 500 learning hours. The qualification is Unit Standard Based and the programme is registered with the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (InSeta) and will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
The focus of this learnership is to equip one with the basic financial skills needed to service members in a life insurance environment.
Please note: This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company’s Employment Equity initiatives.
Key Outputs GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING TO THE LEARNERSHIP:
• Please ensure that you apply for only 1 of the Learnerships advertised and that you meet the minimum criteria in order to be eligible for the Learnership
• Please also have your Matric subjects and symbols on hand as you need to input this information on your application and details of incomplete qualification.
• You must have a valid SA ID
. Communication – communicates clearly and professionally to clients
. Resilience – pursues goals despite obstacles
. Interpersonal skills – relates well to diverse people
. Detail orientation – accurately captures or communicates information
. Desire and potential to learn
. Self motivated
. Numeric and financial orientation
. Basic computer skills
Qualifications & Experience Candidates must:
– Be South African Citizens;
– Hold a valid & recognised Matric with Maths (Minimum D Symbol on Higher Grade & English (Minimum D Symbol on Standard Grade) Maths Literacy 60% or higher; & 2nd language (Minimum D Symbol), Afrikaans(Minimum D Symbol on Standard Grade)
– Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years;
– Have effective communication skills in the English language;
– Possess basic computer skills;
– Have an interest in Insurance in a financial services environment
– May have an incomplete tertiary financial qualification
How to Apply
Click here to apply online x 10 Vacancies
Click here to apply online x 12 Vacancies
Close Date: 2014/10/31
The cost of attending interviews and any relocation cost is for the account of the candidate. Discovery will not reimburse any costs incurred.