Why does the Major AM role exist?
The Major Account Manager (AM) role adds value to Microsoft by delivering a well-managed, profitable and growing business produced through relationship excellence and sales excellence practices where the customer views the AM as trusted advisor.
The success of the business is measured in the following ways:
§ An expanding footprint in accounts
through year-over-year percentage increase in customer addressable revenue (AR).
§ Account growth through increased signed EA renewal rates and net-new opportunity revenue while meeting annual revenue targets.
§ Year-over-year growing integration of partners and services in key wins.
§ Year-over-year increase in customer satisfaction as measured by Relationship Management
§ Reciprocal Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) in place for each account that meet quality standards as defined by Sales management and included as part of a comprehensive up-to-date account plan
§ Business value discussed in every discussion and every proposal with the customer.
§ The customer is current on the installation and use of current products available through the EA or SA. and realizes the value of new capabilities aligned to the Microsoft roadmap
What deliverables does the Major AM produce that add value to Microsoft?
The Major AM role adds value by producing (See Account Management Profile of Excellence http://infoweb2007/e360/Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fe360%2fDocuments%2fRole%20Excellence%20Handbook%2faccountManagers%2fProfile%20Of%20Excellence&FolderCTID=&View=%7b9CCDA636%2dA17C%2d46D9%2dA175%2d91198A8D3B8A%7d> for a full description):
1. Customers with realized value from the MSFT platform through acquisition and deployment of the solutions they buy
2. Balance short term and long term objectives
3. Strong and deepening customer relationships
4. Strategic, effective and actionable account plans
5. Well developed opportunities leading to a healthy pipeline producing wins that meet or exceed quota
6. High performing account teams through effective AM coaching and leadership
How is the Major AM role unique from other Account Manager roles?
The Major AM role is unique in the following ways:
§ Capability to develop and provide value to multiple CXO relationships (CFO, CIO, COO, possibility CEO) and VP LOB relationships.
§ Scale through teams and can sell to multiple locations around the world.
§ Demonstrated executive
acumen at a multi-national level
§ Sales cycles generally are 18-36 months with larger transactions (deal size) and longer cycles.
§ Sales collaboration required between AMs covering multi-national customers at HQ and downstream locations.
§ Develops multi-year account plans covering multi multinational opportunities, as appropriate.
§ Increased complexity due to the myriad of Microsoft internal teams they interface with around the world.
§ Account long term potential (LTP)-minimum $5M annual (for Mature) and minimum of $3M (for Emerging).
§ Provides coaching to peer account managers.
§ Account ratio 1:2: (on average).
What are the key initiatives and challenges facing the Major AM role over the next 6 months to 3 years?
The key initiatives and challenges facing the Major AM role are:
1. A greater understanding of the competitive landscape in the customer base as customers are looking for ways to cut cost out of their business model.
2. A more in-depth focus on industry or vertical solutions to meet customer needs, and the business value proposition that Microsoft offers in helping customer’s
meet their challenges and business opportunities.
3. A deeper understanding of what’s going on in the marketplace and an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s industry and core business process across the customer base.
4. Effective ways to sell with an understanding of current economic/market conditions through creative deal structuring, creative terms, value propositions, etc., that demonstrates to customers how Microsoft can save them money and get the most value of their investment.
Ensure MSFT retains and grows the number of customers in annuity-based agreements in current economic/market conditions.
Location: South Africa, Johannesburg
Job ID: 791088
Product: (Not Product Specific)