Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
Eaton Corporation is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Eaton South Africa recruits Plant Controller
Eaton Hydraulics EMEA has an opening for a Plant Controller in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Responsible for financial, management and cost accounting; pricing; cash flow management; capital expenditure control; financial reporting; budgeting; treasury; administration; day to day guidance of the finance department and acting as a business partner to the Plant Manager to improve process reliability and business performance of the Hydraulics organization in South Africa. Manages and oversees local statutory and tax compliance of all Eaton’s legal entities in South Africa and acts as a primary contact point for country wide matters for South Africa.
1. Provides financial leadership with a view to improving plant profitability, working capital management and cash flows
2. Supervises accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, cost accounting, payroll, pricing and contracts as well as capital spending and fixed assets
3. Maintains and develops adequate internal controls over company procedures to ensure adherence to management policies, standard accounting principles and practices as well as compliance with local regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
4. Leads monthly closing and forecasting cycles as well as the annual profit plan process, analyzes variances, owns the development and delivery of action plans in co-ordination with the location’s lead team
5. Develops and motivates the finance team to take initiatives, support complex business decisions and drive results
6. Provides statutory and tax reporting requirements for Eaton Hydraulics (Pty) Ltd and oversees statutory and tax compliance of all other Eaton legal entities in South Africa.
7. Manages the company’s funding requirements, benefit funds and its risk profile, including rate of exchange awareness, forex decisions and insurances
8. Monitors and provides support in controlling stock levels within the company
9. Ensures that we enter into contracts where we are in “the right business and doing business right”
10. Takes ownership of the Balanced Scorecard and is responsible for analysis and reporting, ensuring that deadlines are met.
11. Acts as the Country Controller for South Africa for all country wide matters such as relationship with local auditors and advisors, local compliance, acquisitions and divestitures and continually seeks opportunities to improve the overall Finance function in South Africa.
Bachelor degree in accounting, preferably with additional post-graduate studies.
Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a manufacturing organization, with a preference for an international company
Demonstrated leadership and accountability
Technical knowledge of budgeting, cost accounting, pricing, general accounting, financial reporting and analysis, credit management, financial reporting and control, company taxation and business related legislation
Demonstrated ability for structured and analytical thinking, attention to detail, root cause analysis and risk management
Good communicator at all levels of the business
Responsible and ethical attitude
Flexible and adaptable