Acorn Education is a non-profit company specifically set-up to be a School Operating Partner as part of Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of learners across our collaboration schools.
Job Title: Instructional Teacher Coach
Location: Cape Town
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Acorn Education, they aim to transform the lives of their learners and they do whatever it takes to make this dream a reality.
- The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the school, but it is anticipated that you will be able to:
- Support the planning and delivery of our teacher professional development programme
- Observe, provide feedback and support teachers, heads of department and subject heads
- Develop and/or improve systems that ensure effective lesson planning and execution
- Embed a culture of teacher development in the schools
- Necessary qualification criteria:
- Qualified Primary School teacher (must be SACE registered)
- Minimum 5 years of teaching experience in Foundation Phase
- Departmental Head or Grade Head experience would be beneficial
- Must be a South African national or possess a permanent resident permit
- Must be fluent in both English and Afrikaans
- Essential experience:
- Experience teaching learners of various abilities and ensuring every learner grows
- Experience effectively teaching learners in classrooms of more than 30 learners per class
- Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Own transport is essential
Interested candidates should e-mail the following documents:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Graad 3 Wiskunde Les Plan (Language of Instruction : Afrikaans)
- Grade 3 English Home Language Lesson Plan
- CV with lesson plan must reach us by 4pm Friday 17 January 2020
An instructional coach is someone whose chief professional responsibility is to bring evidence-based practices into classrooms by working with teachers. Instructional coaching involves two people: the classroom teacher and the coach. Coaches work one-on-one and in small groups with teachers, providing guidance, training, and other resources as needed.
Join us on a journey towards excellence!
Application Deadline: Friday, 17 January, 2020