Posted on :
17 Aug, 2015
17 Aug, 2015
Salary Level : Level 5 = R 123 738 per annum (Appointment will be made in terms of Public Service Act, 1994 (Act no 103 of 1994))
Section : Support Services: Management Information and Strategic Planning
Ref No. : DET 39/2015
*Be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12). *Have a certificate in Office Administration/Management/Public Administration/Management or related fields. *Applicants in possession of a higher qualification in the specific field or who have completed an internship/currently undergoing an internship in the Public Service may receive preference. *Appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post as well competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
CORE FUNCTIONS: *Assist with the capturing of data. *Assists with the management and coordination of generic administrative related functions of the section. *Perform generic administrative related tasks, such as assisting with the compiling of feedback reports. Update data base containing generic management information. *Assist with the gathering of general management information. *Assist with the preparation of presentations. *Analyse reports to obtain best practices. *Typing of letters, memorandums, reports, making copies, faxing documents, taking minutes in meetings when requested.
HOW TO APPLY
* Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application. * The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
* A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form. * Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license. * The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
* Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. * Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment. * Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. * The closing date for applications is: 2015-08-21 @ 16:00.
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment. * Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants. * Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005).
A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post. The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile.
The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database. * All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening. * Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
* The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof. * The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
* The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service. In view of the expected high volume of applications faxes, e-mails or mailed applications will not be accepted
* Application forms must be hand-delivered or mailed to the relevant office indicated below:
* South African Police Service, Private Bag X 302, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to the attention: Maj Ntho, Wachthuis Building, Francis Baard Street on the 2nd floor room 208 or 212, Detective Service.
* Enquiries can be directed to: Major DM Ntho 012 393 1953/ Lieutenant PP Mboweni 012 393 4478/ Senior Personnel Moota 012 393 1968 and Personnel Officer TS Kgwedi 012 393 1277 .