Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. Amandla facilitates the Philippi Collective Network, a cross-sector group that fosters a community-driven, collective impact approach to improving learner wellbeing and education outcomes.
Job Title: Data Coordinator
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to manage data collection, field worker training and monitoring, and developing the capacity of our working groups to craft evidence-based interventions to tear down barriers to learning in Philippi.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Report to the Project Manager and supervise site data collection processes
- Develop solutions for data collection, capture, and use in our community reporting activities
- Facilitate forum meetings at which data on child welfare is explained in layman’s terms to community members and stakeholders
- Support and train stakeholders to collect and use data for decision making
- Train fieldworkers in various data collection exercises such as surveys
- Write reports
- Individual research and leading some research processes
- Integrate technology into our work
- Coordinate the development of Amandla’s shared measures system within the network
- Think creatively about data management
- Minimum two years in a Monitoring and Evaluation or similar role
- Two years of experience in project management, including developing implementation timelines
- Extensive demonstrated experience with survey system Kobo Collect, or similar
- Understanding of the ethics of conducting studies with people
- Experience working in a township setting
- Fluency in English a must and fluency in isiXhosa a major plus
- Experience in community development
- A valid driver’s license
- Written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software and data management systems
- Interest in education and community development
- Flexible and a team player
- Ability and willingness to multitask and meet shifting deadlines consistently
- Motivated and energetic
- Ability to work independently or without direct supervision
- Problem-solving abilities
- Basic financial management
- Highly-valued pluses: Experience with ArcGIS, data cleaning skills
- An interest in the intersections of health and education will be highly valued
To apply, submit a CV, (maximum two pages), your most recent salary, and a one-page motivational letter outlining your experience with Monitoring and Evaluation, including which methodologies and software you have worked with to [email protected] with Data Coordinator in the subject line.
This is not a data capturing role.
Any applications not including all requested information in the requested formats will not be considered.
Please no phone queries.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 4th March, 2019