Posted on :
31 Jul, 2014
31 Jul, 2014
Company seeking an individual who can work independently, under pressure, meet strict deadlines and has excellent communication skills.
Grade 12 / Matric
Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and Labour Relations Act
Human Resources and Industrial Relations / Labour Relations degree / diploma
Computer literate (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint on intermediate level)
Experience with HR modules on SAP and Hay Grading will be an advantage
Updated and in-dept knowledge of all relevant legislation
Must be able to work independently and under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Excellent communication skills
Attention to detail and working with a high level of accuracy is essential
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Recruitment & Terminations: Advertise vacancies internally & externally, screening of candidates, conducting professional telephonic interviews, short listing candidates, preparing interview questionnaires and using successful interview techniques and regretting unsuccessful candidates in accordance to legislation, processing all terminations on a daily basis by providing a certificate of service to the employee, efficient communication of all terminations to the relevant department, manage the normal retirement process of employees reaching their retirement age (65)
* Disciplinary, Grievance, Incapacity & Retrenchment process control and management: Prompt and proper handling of disciplinary and grievance matters, evaluate all disciplinary matters to establish valid grounds for pursuing, advise and direct management on appropriate manner to deal with the incident, ensure all matters alleviates the company from any possible risk resulting in fair labour practice, coordinates and arrange all hearings, ensure proper record keeping on the IR online system, incapacity control and management by keeping incapacity matters rate at a minimum risk by daily review and follow-up on matters.
* Administration: Procedure compliance – Apply HR/IR policy consistently and according to procedure, Legal compliance – Ensure that bargaining council and recognition agreements terms and conditions are applied accurately,ensure that management practices are within the law confinements, updating SOP’s, contribute towards the HR Report by accurately recording all appointments, terminations and amendments, assistance with departmental projects on an ad hoc basis.
* IOD Administration: Ensure that all work related injuries are reported; assist the branches/regions in the completion of/advice of missing elements regarding the necessary documentation, accurate record keeping of all reported injuries.
* Union & Relations Management: Coordinate union activities ensuring minimum disruption to production, coordinate meetings with union representatives, liaise between union representatives and line management providing guidance and advice to avoid and prevent any conflict.
* DRC / CCMA / Labour Court Matters: Ensure efficient preparation for conciliation and arbitration matters on behalf of management, Labour court matters, ensure thorough hand over to advocate (only if approval acquired).
How to Apply
|Recruiter:||Bridgestone S.A (Pty) Ltd.||Updated on:||2014-07-30 00:00:00|
|Location:||Ekurhuleni (East Rand)||Available:||ASAP|
|Category:||Human Resources||Offer:||Market Related|