Posted on :
3 Sep, 2010
3 Sep, 2010
Are you passionate about fashion design and economic development in South Africa, with working experience at senior level in the Clothing and Textile or NGO sector?
The Cape Town Fashion Council (CTFC) is the first established fashion industry body of its kind, in South Africa, and aims to represent the Western Cape’s fashion, accessory and footwear designers. The Council was formally registered as a non-governmental organisation in November 2006 with the aim of playing a key role in being the representative mouthpiece and common platform for the fashion industry in the Western Cape.
The function of the CTFC includes; representing the diverse views of the fashion design industry, marketing the capacity internationally and ensuring that key interventions grow and promote this vibrant industry. The CTFC has also been recognized as a funding channel for the Western Cape Provincial Government and City of Cape Town in support of the local fashion sector.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• Implementation of CTFC programmes including the management of stakeholder participation
• Developing and maintaining industry partnerships
• Marketing of CTFC programmes
• Management of programme events organisation
• Report back re; progression of various CTFC programmes, schedule and budget planning
• Development and improvement of existing programmes
• Assistance with the development of new programmes supporting fashion entrepreneurs, with their businesses
• Responsible for operational decision making guided by operational systems
• Tertiary qualification i.e. BA / BTech degree (minimum), preferably in Business Administration
• Working experience at senior level within the corporate or NGO sector, preferably the Clothing and Textile sector with a minimum of five years’ experience
• Understanding of the Clothing and Textile industry and in particular the fashion sector
• Culturally sensitive individual with strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate appropriately with a diverse range of individuals/groups
• Key characteristics: problem solver, initiator, communicator, attention to detail, highly motivated, ability to work as part of a team, responsible and reliable, setting high standards for performance for self and others
Cape Town Fashion Council