The legal profession is undergoing important changes as the world becomes increasingly connected. A significant part of this change is corporate law departments and law firms drawing upon cost-effective legal services from offshore destinations.
South Africa is increasingly becoming an important source of such offshore support for North American, European, and Australian clients, to name a few jurisdictions.
In this context, Cognia Law is a next generation legal service outsourcing provider that is at the cutting edge of these developments.
We specialise in partnering with international law firms and multinational corporations to harness the legal expertise South Africa has to offer.
In practice Cognia Law provides
- Legal resourcing services both in the EU and South Africa that support our clients in sourcing good quality temporary project managers, paralegals and lawyers required to work on client site to support project related legal work e.g. litigation document review and contract remediation projects.
- Legal managed services supported by teams of qualified lawyers in South Africa that support a global client base on a range of increasingly sophisticated services, ranging from contract management to M&A due diligence and litigation.
Cognia Law offers an alternative to candidates who want to experience a different side of law. The successful candidates will be part of a team based in Cape Town. The candidate’s responsibilities will generally relate to data collection, data management, and document review. The candidate will receive training so prior work experience is not a requirement.
- Law degree from a top tertiary institution
- Knowledge and work experience with the legal discovery process is an advantage
- Languages: English – spoken and written (required)
Required skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written/ verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Developed skills in legal drafting
- Commercial, proactive and business-like mind-set
- A good grasp of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with technological applications, plus a knowledge of legal review platforms will be beneficial
- Good time management skills and the ability to operate well in high-pressure environments
- Strong team player
- Risk sensitivity and the ability to know when to escalate an issue
CLICK HERE TO APPLY