Danone Southern Africa (Pty) currently has a vacancy for a PLC Technician in theMaintenance to be based at our Boksburg plant.
With our global presence, brands and business within our mission of bringing health through food to as many people as possible; we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance.
To grow the top line of the brand and to meet budget targets involves taking accountability for the brand and providing a clear sense of direction on the brand to the rest of the team, while keeping people accountable on delivery. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
- Perform fault finding, upgrades and process optimisation on all Siemens PLC systems (S5 and S7), SCADA (WinCC ) and Wonderware) and redundant SQL servers.
- To ensure optimum plant automation and instrumentation availability.
- Optimise automation systems and operator aids in order to reduce workload and increase efficiency. Attend to breakdown and preventative maintenance activities/tasks.
- Ensure that all breakdowns and preventative maintenance and/or scheduled maintenance activities are carried out to high standards of workmanship.
- Give input into automation equipment stock levels.
- Monitor and ensure that all required documentation is completed as per standard.
- Coach team members, maintenance and production staff.
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for cost saving and more effective ways of carrying out maintenance related activities.
- Adhere to quality, safety, health, housekeeping and environmental standards/criteria, policies and procedures.
- Qualified Instrument technician
- N6 Instrumentation
- 2-5 years of work experience in instrumentation within a FMCG environment / food industry
- Exposed to technical root cause analysis methodologies
Software packages (preferable):
o Siemens Step 7
o Win CC
o Win CC Flex
o Wonderware Window Viewer and Window Maker
o GX Developer Mitsubishi
o Allan Bradley – Pro Logix 5000
o Siemens Starter
o Siemens Microwin
o All Siemens equipment especially S5 and S7 PLCs
o Sound knowledge of drives
o Good with industrial IT
o SQL Servers
o SCADA systems
o Profibus PA/DP
o Asi Communication
o Ethernet Communications
Kindly apply directly online for the vacancy.
All the best!