The Duzi-uMngeni Conservation Trust (DUCT) is an NPO based in Pietermaritzburg, championing the environmental health of the uMngeni and uMsunduzi Rivers.
Job Title: Administration Manager
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg
Report to: The General Manager
Salary: R240 000 to R300 000 per annum total cost to company (excluding discretionary bonus) depending on experience and contracted hours
The purpose of the position is to provide administrative support to the General Manager, Finance Manager and Operations Manager, as part of the management team.
- Provide a wide variety of administrative and secretarial functions, including PA to the General Manager
- Set up and maintain systems (electronic and manual) to improve office efficiency
- Oversee events, including hiring an event coordinator and checking on progress
- Oversee day-to-day issues in the absence of the management team
- Provide administrative support to other departments in the organisation
- Respond to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- Use smart apps for company/project administration
- Maintain DUCT website, with external IT support
- Supervise and control the submission of proposals and tenders
- Fulfil Human Resource Management function, with support from administrative staff, and an external HR specialist
- Communication skills
- Proven administrative and organisational competency
- Minimum of Grade 12 a certificate or higher in Administration, Business Management or similar will be an advantage
- Computer competence in word processing, spreadsheets, and database management
- Confidence and assertiveness in dealing with all levels of staff and stakeholders
- Flexibility and the ability to take initiative
- Planning and organising skills
- Systematic, organised person who likes the challenge of each day being different
- Approximately five years’ experience in a similar role
To apply, submit a cover page outlining the applicant’s suitability for the position and a maximum of a four-page CV including three contactable references to [email protected]
Should you not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right not to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2018