Gauteng North: Services to People with Disabilities (SPD) strives, in partnership with their service consumers, to remove all barriers hindering and obstructing the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities into society.
Job Title: CEO
Remuneration: Annually R252 000.00 (CTC) (monthly R21 000.00 (CTC)), SARS contributions and leave as per Labour Law
The purpose of the position is to be the key management leader of this organisation responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan.
- Honours Degree in social sciences, MBA or a relevant post-graduate degree
- 10 years in a Director/Executive director/CEO role.
- Minimum 7 years’ managing people and strategies within the NPO or NGO/ Section 21 space
- Experience in formulation of the organisation’s mission, together with the board, and implementing the board’s strategy in a financially sustainable manner
- Controlling all strategic aspects and services of the organisation
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Effective understanding of finances and performance management principles including financial management skills, budget preparation, analysis, decision making implementation, and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of governance and general management best practices
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, stakeholder agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including anticipated planning, delegating, program development, task facilitation and monitoring progress & outcomes
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills
- Executive Management:
- Liaison between the board and managers of the organisation
- Communicating goals of the board and developing strategies and tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance engagement and to develop a high performing management team
- Delegating management responsibilities to department heads
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the organisation’s legality and business ethics
- Compiling and maintaining of the business plan
- Creation of the annual budget
- Monitoring of purchases and expenditure
- Monthly evaluation of income and expenditure
- Maintaining office policies pertaining to the management of available funds.
- Reviews each financial report the organization’s treasurer presents
- Informing the board on initiatives the organization can realistically pursue,
- Informing the board on needs the organization has.
- Co-reporting, with the organization’s treasurer, on financial matters to the board.
- Human Resources:
- Direct responsibility for all human resources duties
- Advertising, screening, appointing of staff in conjunction with management
- Compilation of job descriptions
- Management of personnel files in terms of evaluations, permanent appointments, leave applications & leave records, resignations and references
- Monitoring execution of SARS requirements
- Capacity building and Work Skills Plan
- Managing of disciplinary hearings
- Marketing and fundraising:
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation
- Identifying resource requirements
- Researching funding sources,
- Establishing strategies to approach funders,
- Submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
- Builds trust relations with key partners and stake holders and act as a point of contact for employees as well as service consumers
Submit a CV, copies of your ID or Passport, qualification certificates, driver’s license code 8 and SARS registration number and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Thursday, 30 April, 2020