GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. GE South Africa recruits Recruitment COE Leader
Job Role Summary/Purpose
Power the GE Growth Engines by recruiting top talent to GE’s businesses in Middle East & Africa.
Establish a “Recruiting CentreCenter of Excellence” to provide recruitment services to all GE businesses in Middle East & Africa. A MEA Center will provide expertise in sourcing candidates in our market as well as managing administration
This is a “start-up” position to lead the design, staffing, im
Working with the GE MEA HR Council, business leaders, and others (hiring managers, HR managers and other key stakeholders), create and lead the Staffing COE for MEA. The Center will deliver the following services:
For Internal Candidates: Operate the business posting system, collect self-nominations, screen and provide slates to hiring manager.
- For External candidates: Source candidates – Post positions on GE selected external job boards. Use GE tools (i.e. Hire Systems, external job posting sites, etc.) to source appropriate external candidates based on position descriptions and discussion with hiring managers. Qualify all external candidates based upon position requirements. Schedule and perform screening interviews (phone), using GE business-specific designed screens, on all acceptable external candidates. Provide screening documentation to hiring managers. Order and monitor Background check.
- For Internal and External candidates: Answer candidates’ questions. Schedule HR and hiring manager interviews. Handle all candidates interview logistics. Generate offer/sign off letters. Generate documents for relocation for new hires or transfers and will work with GMS to ensure compliance starting from the appropriate payroll and benefit set-ups. Handle all candidate support activities as agreed to with the business and GBS at the time the contract is implemented at that GE Business Site.
- Travel Arrangements: Coordinate all candidate travel and accommodations to specific GE Business location through the GE Travel Center or their designation. Provide package of GE-supplied information: overview of GE, maps, etc. Process interviewee expense reimbursements and facilitate candidate re-payments of interview related expenses.
- Tracking and Reporting: Track and report all candidate information, plus all internal-external processing information. Provide business and corporate analysis reports as requested to authorized GE employees. Provide monthly business and corporate staffing/recruiting analysis (i.e. cost per hire, cycle times, sources, number of interviews, number of rejects, why rejected, number of offers, all sorted by source, gender, GE department, GE business and any other GE data requirements) as requested within the constraints of GE’s systems capabilities.
Minimum 3 years HR leadership experience in GE, or 8 years experience in Recruiting, with minimum 3 years experience managing a team of recruiters.
Demonstrated leadership, change management, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills. With the ability to take initiative and responsibility and create new processes and services
Ability to lead cross-functional and diverse teams
Proven project management and quality experience
Good understanding of technology and how it can be used to improve business processes
Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
Location Flexible Algiers, Algeria; Cairo, Egypt,; Lagos, Nigeria; Johannesburg, South Africa or Dubai, UAE
- Bilingual – Any combination of English and Arabic, French or Portuguese
Certified Black Belt (GE internal only)
Click to Apply to GE in South Africa