Responsible for all administration and providing support to Benefits Manager, organising and managing various initiatives
The candidate will be responsible for all Administration and providing Secretarial support to the Benefits Manager – national basis.
The candidate will provide the following administrative and secretarial support:
· Prepare and/or type reports, contracts, presentations and other correspondence, as requested, ensuring that all correspondence is dealt with in a professional manner;
· Arranging, facilitation and coordination internal events ie. National long service, national secretaries’ day, health days, World Aids Day, Parenting network forums, etc.
· Liaise with BU HR in terms of statistics for secretaries’ day; long service recipients – ensure budget/cost containment
· Setting up Trustees’ Meetings, liaising with Trustees directly, attending Provident fund administration meetings and monitoring of monthly report
· Answer when the Benefits Manager is not available and screen telephone calls in a professional manner and attend to queries timeously. Be able to direct queries, client calls, etc. to the correct individual.
· Book conference, training and other meetings rooms as required for both internal and external meetings;
· Arrange and confirm all catering & stationery requirements for meetings;
· Book & confirm all travel arrangements, ensuring that visa and all other travel requirements are met;
· Effectively manage day to day activities and expectations of external service providers
· Take messages and assist where able to
· Provide secretarial support in respect of typing, collating of spreadsheets, filing
· Daily routine matters to be monitored and managed iro various service providers
· Manage disability claimants and simultaneously liaise with payroll/insurer and broker
· Source relevant information iro various indicatives and benefits
· Management of the Wellness Centre and providers – coordination of timetable
· Ensure CBS – Benefits Database continuously updated with relevant information ie. Fund fact sheets and relevant information
· Ensure monthly Induction presentation updated accordingly
· Ensure Starter and Exit packs are up to date with relevant benefit information; providing instructions and guidance to People Services
· Overall management of Risk Benefits together with the broker; ensuring Risk policies are in line with daily operations
· Management of staff and partner year end benefit revision
· Management of new intake benefit presentations and medical aid year end revision
· Manage retirement planning together with BU HR
· Manage the day to day running of the homework centre, maintain monthly attendance register and arrange and facilitate the end of year Childrens’ holiday club
· Payment of invoices – monthly ICAS & Ad hoc
Minimum Formal Qualifications
Matric, Relevant Degree
Minimum Job Experience
At least 2 years
· Good Relationship skills
· Ability to work overtime if necessary
· Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to the role and function
· Right attitude
· Ability to monitor outstanding items and ensure closure.
· Good communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organisation.
· Ability to take initiative
· At least 1-2 years working experience in a corporate environment.
· Good administrative and organisational skills
· Be pro-active and able to use discretion and initiative
· Emotional intelligence
· Ability to interact with people, specifically beneficiaries of deceased and conduct investigations wrt distribution of death benefits.
· Ability to work under pressure and assist with crisis management.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
Ability to work on Microsoft office programmes and Outlook