Humana People to People South Africa (HPPSA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities. It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early childhood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 350 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Job Title: Assistant Grant Administrator
Job Location: South Africa
The Main purpose of the role:
Provide support in Monitoring and Evaluation and Report writing for various projects in HPPSA. To ensure grant compliance through performance monitoring, impact assessment and reporting. Secure M&E contribution during proposal development.
- Bachelor degree in any of the art subjects;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in writing proposals and donor report writing;
- English-language fluency (written and verbal). A superior command of the English language is essential;
- Writing and editing abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- IT Competencies; Internet, Microsoft Office and other related packages
- Organizational skills, an ability to handle various tasks and provide support to team members;
- Research, data gathering and management of donor information;
- Passion for community development;
- Competent, reliable, self-motivated, honest, integrity, friendly, hardworking;
- Attention to detail – ensuring that work is completed with great care and that every detail is taken care of timeously;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Team player – ability to work with various stakeholders to ensure that deadlines are met
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Prepare case studies to document programs;
- Responsible for basic Monitoring and Evaluation aspects in proposal, implementations plans and reporting;
- Assist programme team with project designs and finalization of log-frames etc.;
- The Grant Administration Assistant may from time to time be required to perform duties not specifically stated in this job description, provided that such duties are related to HPPSA operations;
- Working constantly to improve proposals and reporting templates;
- Working constantly to improve the quality and content of proposals and reports.
- Designing standard reporting templates for the Grants and Program team;
- Manage the technical narrative donor reporting schedule and ensuring that HPPSA and partners receive donor reports timeously;
- Use information from HPPSA databases, draft reports from NHQ and/or Projects, and interviews to write and/or edit, timely reports in the required format as per the approved reporting schedule;
- Occasionally interview program staff to capture more detailed evidence program needs and priorities and the impact of the programs;
- Ensure that all reports are written/edited and proof read to meet high standards for accuracy, punctuation and consistency.
- Develop tools, processes and systems to ensure efficiency in the Grant Admin department and secure compliance with all contractual obligation.
Please submit your cover letter motivating why you are the best candidate and CV to [email protected] no later than 15 March 2019 indicate position in the subject line when applying.
Application Deadline: Friday, 15 March, 2019