The Inkcubeko Youth and Science Centre in Thembalethu, George aims to be a safe space for youth to explore how the world around them works, and to ignite a curiosity and interest in pursuing studies in science, technology, arts, engineering and mathematics.
Job Title: Office Clerk
Job Location: George
This is a full time position
The purpose of the Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our offices.
- Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
- Utilise office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc
- Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks and issue invoices, and log expenses etc
- Take minutes of meetings and dictations
- Assist in office management and organisation procedures
- Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.)
- Assist in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences and events
- Perform other office duties as assigned
- Proven experience as office clerk or other clerical position
- Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes
- A fast typist and taking dictations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Communication skills
- Organisational and multi-tasking abilities
- Drivers licence will be beneficial
- Undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing and answering the phone to basic bookkeeping
- Ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations
- Be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills
To apply submit a CV with References, and Cover Letter to Nadina Nortier Facility Manager at [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within 14 days after closing date, your application was not successful.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Application Deadline: 18th October, 2018