Jembi is a not for Profit company specializing in Health Information Systems and Digital Health.
Job Title: Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Location Deadline: Cape Town
Remuneration: Jembi offers a highly attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employment type: The successful candidate will be appointed to a one year contract (renewable)
Start date: Available immediately.
Reports to: Development Team Lead
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, support and maintain all software that the team is responsible for.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Performing code review of team member’s code and solution design.
- Analyzing, resolving and creating technical solutions for novel problems in the health domain.
- Adhering to and promoting the following of software development best practices
- Mentorship of other software engineers
- Solid understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Experience with development in Node.js and its ecosystem
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database development
- Experience as a Senior Level software engineer with the ability to take ownership of software deliverables and work unsupervised by other senior developers within the team.
- Excellent coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture
- Use of Agile development practices
- Ability to take ownership of software deliverables and work unsupervised by senior developers
- Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience working in production enterprise environments.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree (or equivalent).
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Digital Ocean etc.
- Experience with Ansible and Docker
- Extensive experience in developing using an OOP language, advantageous
- Experience in the public health sector and previous software development work with Electronic Health Record systems, advantageous
Some of our core products are open source and available for you to check out on Github. On the team front, we run a tight-knit, agile team, each with particular skills but at the moment we are very excited to be able to grow our group of talented software engineers.Please e-mail application letter and CV to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 September, 2019