Lancet Laboratories is one of the leading pathology laboratories operating throughout Africa, providing vital diagnostic and monitoring pathology services in South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Committed to providing diagnostic excellence, Lancet Laboratories is SANAS accredited, adhering to international criteria set out according to ISO Standard 15189.
Lancet operates in the private healthcare environment and offers specialist pathology services for the corporate, insurance and mining sectors.
We process up to 1.8 million tests per month and offer an extensive range of pathology services, from sophisticated molecular and cytogenetic investigations to advanced chemical analyses.
- Grade 12
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- Relevant Certificate/ Diploma
- 0-1 years Relevant Working Experience
- Process, labels, retrieves; QC (Quality Control) and stores received samples ensuring that sample handling is in compliance with IATA legislation (International Air Transport Association), GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and GCLP (Good Clinical Laboratory Practice)
- Documents deviations, issues, incidents and discrepancies reported by BARC storage staff, clients and trial groups to ensure effective follow up and record keeping.
- Resolves incidents effectively ensuring good customer service
- Creates leaner processes in compliance with SOP’s ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Maintains, monitors and documents equipment in the Bio-banking Repository and Routine Storage units ensuring that breakages, services, problems or down time relating to equipment is recorded for quality assurance purposes.
- Creates specimen storage worksheets to ensure record keeping.
- Finds samples on respective worksheets and places samples in correct order for processing ensuring audit trail.
- Prints correct Laboratory numbers and affix them to the relevant cryovials. Aliquots the correct volume of plasma or serum into the cryovial ensuring the correct test procedures will be followed as per relevant SOP’s
- Accurately records which samples and how many samples are aliquot for storage ensuring record keeping for audit trail.
- Stores samples in correct positions, correct boxes and assigned freezers for Clinical Trial studies.
- Signs off box storage reports and / or worksheets ensuring record keeping and files the boxes with samples in relevant freezer ensuring safe storage.
- Enters completed storage sample worksheets on Meditech and LDMS systems and signs off worksheets and / or related documentation for record keeping and audit trail.
- Closes worksheets on completion on Meditech and LDMS systems, reprints and files worksheets and stores it as an attachment on box storage report ensuring record keeping of stored samples.
- Disinfects the Bioflow II ensuring maintenance as per procedure and protocol
- Receives QC (quality control) and stores specimens received for long term storage and reports all deviations ensuring procedure and protocols are adhered to.
- Reads, and records temperatures of freezers twice daily and performs monthlymaintenance on all freezers ensuring that procedure and protocol as per SOP’s are followed.
- Receives and ships storage samples for Cape Town and Durban ensuring samples sent to relevant department.
- Imports LDMS data files and creates LDMS assay worksheets prior testing, retrieves raw data and samples mandated for storage at completion of each working day.
- Works in accordance to GLP/GCLP standard and maintains cold chain storage conditions of all samples during handling processes ensuring procedures and protocols are followed.
- Handles PBMC in accordance to standard operational procedures, processing procedures, transfer procedures and short term storage procedures ensuring no compromising of sample handling and / or storage.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality assurance standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Adheres to professional and ethical conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Prepares and maintains Mr Frosty’s as per SOP ensuring all procedures and protocols are adhered to.
- Prepares paperwork, retrieves samples, QC (quality control) samples and prepares shipping medium for national and international shipments ensuring that required turnaround times are adhered to.
- Performs internal audits to ensure electronic and physical data matches.
- Completes all electronic /manual data management worksheets as per protocols that require such ensuring procedures are adhered to.
- Performs responsibilities and any other reasonable duties and / or requests apart from normal job function within the post holder’s sphere of capability and responsibility.
CHALLENGING DEMANDS OF THE JOB
The typical demands of this job are the following:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Unsociable working hours and shifts in some areas may be required.
- Consistency in achieving stringent turnaround and performance targets in an environment that is characterised by high volumes,
- Cost effective utilisation of all resources;
- Keeping abreast with technical knowledge and changes on the job;
- Effective functioning within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Exposure to bio hazardous substances
- Safety procedures working with Liquid Nitrogen
Interested applicants should fax their CV, quoting the jobtitle certified ID copy, HPCSA registration proof of SARS registration and qualifications to: 011 358 1478 or CLICK HERE to apply.
Shortlisted candidates must avail themselves for assessments and credential checks.
CLOSING DATE: 17th of March 2017