Music Works is a non-profit organisation based in Cape Town that uses music as a tool to unlock children’s potential in order to become resilient and creative beings who are able to dream and become contributing members of society.
Since 2003 MusicWorks has worked in vulnerable communities developing and providing: Music Therapy programmes in schools, child and youth care centres and hospitals; After-school music initiatives; Training to Early Childhood Development practitioners.
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to lead the organisation into the next phase of its development.
- A strong background in financial management and excellent skills in all aspects of financial controls
- Budget development, long-term financial viability and organisational sustainability
- Provide strategic business development skills that can leverage MusicWorks into the next stage of its development
- Review and expand where necessary the existing Monitoring and Evaluation tools
- Ensure that the MusicWorks Board of Governors is fully briefed of relevant developments
- Network with other like-minded organisations (particularly those using the arts to provide psycho-social support) in order to facilitate the development and implementation of best practice models within relevant fields
- Demonstrate a people-centred approach and be an inspirational leader that is both resourceful and passionate about the vision of mission of MusicWorks
- Through strengthening the internal resources of the MusicWorks team, the candidate will ensure the highest level of programme development and implementation, thereby delivering effective and measurable impact
- Promote MusicWorks as an entity of excellence to all stakeholders and the public
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the non-profit sector with at least 6 years at senior management level
- Sound, demonstrable experience in fund development within the non-profit sector which will include the securing of new local and international donor prospects, donor management and strong writing and reporting capabilities
- Possess a sound understanding of the complexities of working within under-resourced communities
- Relevant degree associated with an organisation of this nature is advantageous
- Excellent financial management capabilities
- A passion for youth development and a basic understanding of how the arts can be used to reach psycho-social goals
Please note that this position is based in Cape Town and no relocation costs will be covered.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
Kindly submit your letter of interest and a detailed curriculum vitae with at least 3 contactable references to Alexanne Tingley at [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 15 November, 2019