Senior Secretary to the General Manager
Salary scale code 403
Main Purpose of the position:
To effectively and efficiently manage and administer the office of the General Manager: Content and her diary ensuring alignment with the manager’s requirements.
- All secretarial duties;
- Professional management of the office and diary;
- Planning and organising of meetings;
- Screening, making and connecting calls;
- Effective processing of mail and answering of calls;
- Travel arrangements (including flights, car hire, accommodation, etc);
- Arranging and co-ordinating special events, functions, seminars, conferences;
- Supervision of the office;
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the office;
- General office administration (including the prioritising of primary day-to-day activities;
- Accurate typing of all correspondence and proof reading of documents;
- Effective management of the filing system to ensure easy retrieval of information;
- Taking effective minutes at meetings;
- Receiving business visitors;
- Compiling effective presentations;
- Requesting internal and external payments to be made by Finance.
- A secretarial diploma would be an added advantage;
- Professional and business writing skills;
- At least 3 years experience in an executive secretarial position;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Ability to work under pressure and irregular hours when required;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Excellent telephone skills, professional, courteous;
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office , Internet, Advance powerpoint, advance Excel) etc;
- Thorough knowledge of office administration;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Accuracy with figures, grammar and spelling is essential;
- High level planning and co-ordinating skills;
- Proof reading of documents is essential;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Liaison with internal and external clients and stakeholders;
- Good organisational skills and competent management of office and diary.
Apply, with a concise CV to: The HR Manager: Television.
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 21 July 2014
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and the SABC’s Employment Equity initiatives.
If you have not had any response within six weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.