SANGONeT’s mission is to support the effective use of ICTs in Southern African CSOs by providing quality services and initiatives. We exist for the purpose of facilitating access, sharing information, building capacity, raising awareness, enhancing reach and impact, and linking people and organisations through the use of ICTs in Southern Africa.
SANGONeT’s strategic focus areas include Information and Knowledge Bank, Capacity building, ICT Advocacy and Special Project.
Job Title: Web Design and Training Intern
Job Location: Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Duration: 12 months
Start date: Immediately
Salary: R4 500 per month
- Create a detailed draft of the website, outlining the various web pages according to client specification to meet their needs
- Design graphics, page layouts, and animation, and manipulate images to suit web pages, and enhance its entire beauty to create visual appeal
- Assist clients in registering their preferred domain names; give suggestions and assist with the hosting of their websites on credible platforms
- Assist clients in registering their preferred email addresses in line with the domain name
- Be informed of the latest design software so as to improve in knowledge and skills, and be able to create better design quality
- Ensure websites are designed in line with the client company’s brand image, its target audience, and its philosophy, amongst other things, to boost company goals
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Management
- IT Degree or Diploma
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Products, Gmail and Google Apps
- Knowledge of Drupel products
- Training skills: ITC (ability to train and guide)
- Verbal communication and team working skills.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of Web User interface Design (UI), general web functions and standards
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
Email your application letter, CV and supporting documents to [email protected]rg.za
Application Deadline: Thursday, 4 July, 2019