Small Projects Foundation (SPF) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that aims at achieving the development of individuals, families and communities who are committed to their own growth and development.
SPF in partnership in Buffalo City Municipality and Amathole District in the Eastern Cape Province is implementing an OVC Programme in the Sub-Districts of Buffalo City Municipality, Amahlathi, Mbashe, Mnquma, Raymond Mhlaba Municipalities.
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: East London
Start date: January 2020
The purpose of this position will be to bring skills regarding labour law, Work skills plans and be up to date with latest HR policies and procedures. In order to meet the needs of the Organisation development, the HR Manager is responsible for formulating overall Human Resources strategies together with the CEO and Management team, including recruitment, training, labour cost control, employee relationship management.
- Any relevant qualifications towards HR will benefit your application
- Bachelor’s Degree (HRM) or related
- Minimum 5 years proven HR Generalist experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Knowledge of all applicable labour legislation in South Africa
- Driver’s license
- Drive the full deliverables (including Talent Management; Learning & Staff Development; Industrial Relations; Organisational Design; Organisational Effectiveness; and BBBEE) ensuring operational excellence.
- Maintain and update all HR policies and procedures, ensuring the enforcement and adherence of these policies and procedures by advising and monitoring management and employees.
- Actively manage all workplace/stakeholder relationships by consulting and advising management and employees with regard to legislation, policies, procedures and best practice.
- Facilitate and proactively manage the recruitment and selection processes within the expected turnaround time and legal requirements.
- Implement and coach managers and employees on the Company’s Performance Management principles in order to establish a performance driven culture.
- Assess existing departmental structures, systems and capabilities using relevant and applicable models and tools to facilitate Organisational Development and Change Management initiatives aligned to a strategic goals.
- Efficient management of the Employment Equity and Diversity processes and act as Section 24 Manager, heading the Employment Equity Committee and ensuring quarterly meetings take place – and that feedback is provided to staff.
- Drive and facilitate a strong team dynamic to ensure performance, productivity, and continuous improvement to workflow and processes.
- Remain apprised of all relevant and applicable amendments to labour legislation, provide an analysis of potential impact on the business and recommendation how to adapt policies and practices accordingly.
- Arbitrations, preparing/collating all necessary documentation and evidence to support the Company’s case.
- Provide support to management and staff in managing performance and facilitate the implementation of the performance improvement process (PIP) to resolve any identified performance problems.
- Ad hoc projects that aligned to the annual HR priorities.
- Keep well communications with key management team as well as employees.
Please email your CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 29 November, 2019