Star for Life (SFL) is a nonprofit organisation with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. SFL has developed a unique set of programmes and workshops that we are currently running in 88 High Schools in South Africa and Namibia to add value to the regular Life Orientation curriculum.
Job Title: Life Skills Coach
Job Location: UMkhanyakude, KwaZulu-Natal.
Start date: January 2018
Duration: Three-year renewable contract
- Implement a prescribed set of SFL workshops, classroom sessions and individual psychosocial counselling sessions that are designed to build the self-esteem of learners in line with the SFL ‘Theory of Change’
- Discuss risks, rejects and myths about HIV transmission with young people in schools
- Encourage safer sex strategies
- Discuss and link locally available HIV counselling and testing services
- Work with the parents and community to raise awareness about HIV risks for youth and improve adult-child communication about sexuality
- Educate on voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC), HIV care and treatment and TB testing and treatment
- Promote use and access of condoms
- Discuss harmful norms related to sex and gender, reduce stigma and discrimination associated to HIV
- Prevent gender-based violence
- Promote gender equality
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Social Science degree with psychology as a major
- Two years’ experience in similar work environment
- Communication skills
- Ability to conduct oneself as an integral member of the Star for Life team
- Time management skillsto meet deadlines
- Work with minimal supervision
- Pay attention to detail
- Strong values and principles
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude
- Report and writing skills
- Valid Code B Driver’s license
To apply, submit a CV, relevant qualifications and motivation letter to: Email: [email protected]/ [email protected] or Fax: (035) 7531209.
If you are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2018