The Black Sash’s mission is to work towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly reduce poverty and inequality.
We believe the implementation of socio economic rights demands open, transparent and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end we will promote an active civic engagement by all living in South Africa and made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions and movements.
Job Title: Regional Administrator
Location: KwaZulu-Natal Regional Office
Start date: Immediately
Employment Type: Permanent
Cost to Company: R 114 348.87 per annum (Includes Benefits: Pension, Medical Allowance & 13th Cheque/ Bonus)
- Reception: Switchboard duties answering & transferring of phone calls. Receiving Black Sash visitors, printing and distributing helpline and general flyers and information; referring to Helpline or other organisations where appropriate.
- Office Administration: Maintaining office filing and correspondence; recording and circulating incoming faxes / mail to appropriate staff collecting / sending post arranging courier on Regional Manager or designated staff request.
- Meetings – Internal & External Stakeholders: Minute taking in Meetings, distributing and filing minutes and following up on actions where required.
- Health and Safety: Ensuring that the First Aid Kit is replenished and that fire extinguishers are serviced regularly.
- HR Administration: Keeping and filing copies of leave application forms, time-sheets and supporting documentation. Compiling & sending monthly leave schedule to HR Officer every second week. Supervising cleaner – when applicable.
- Procure Supplies & Services: Procuring office stationery, cleaning materials and office consumables – keeping track of stock for replenishment. Sourcing quotes; arranging venue, refreshments, equipment, stationery.
- Financial Administration: Together with Regional Manager, submitting cash transfer requests to national office. Checking & preparing invoices for services rendered or products delivered for signing off by Regional Manager. Faxing or scanning & emailing all signed invoices to national office for payment, with payment requisition forms. Petty Cash – ensuring that there is cash on hand in the petty cash box. Capturing all payments & deposits into the petty cash book and allocating all payments and deposits to the relevant budget line item.
- Asset register & management for updates: Maintaining Asset Schedule and submitting quarterly report to Regional Manager to be submitted to National Office.
- Programme and Project related support: Assisting regional staff and / or national project administrator and liaising with community partners to organise meetings, information events, dialogues or capacity training workshops.
- Black Sash Database: Providing partner support and the capture of partner surveys onto Tablets for collation at national office. Support point for partners related to project activities and tablets in regard to capturing; uploading and monitoring of data usage. Responsible for auditing and updating Regional Database contacts, events etc. to ensure quality of capturing and that information is updated as needed.
- Matriculation exemption plus relevant office and administrative experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in providing administrative support in a small- to medium- sized business environment.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in office software such as MS Office, web browsers and typing speed of 40 wpm
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and have good Administration skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language.
- The Black Sash is looking for a candidate that is committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and has respect for confidentiality. A person who will be able to work in a team and with a transparent, accountable and consultative style, and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash. A candidate who is able to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline.
- Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Submit a Motivational Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to: [email protected] or fax to 021 686 7168
Application Deadline: Friday, 11 October, 2019