The Environmental Monitoring Group (EMG) is a non-profit environmental organisation that focuses on helping to build democratic and fair decision-making processes that relate to the use and management of natural resources.
Job Title: Administrator/Bookkeeper with Receptionist duties
Location: Cape Town
Opportunity period: Full-time
Starting Date: Early October 2019.
As the first point of contact with the organisation, the purpose of the administrator/bookkeeper is to provide a professional and friendly welcome both in person and on the switchboard to all partners, clients, members of the public and EMG colleagues.
Remuneration: Market related salary dependent on experience level
- Administrator/bookkeeper duties include:
- Support to Finance Manager to ensure that all stipulated EMG financial, procurement and human resource processes are followed in accordance
- Processing and payment of invoices as instructed by the Finance Manager
- Capturing of financial entries on QuickBooks
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and project advances
- Process journal entries and any other ad hoc duties as requested by Finance Manager and Project Managers
- Managing of EMG Petty Cash, including managing receipts and reconciling petty cash records accurately and timeously
- Assist Financial Manager in maintaining the EMG Funder Database, EMG Asset Register and EMG Financial Policies and Procedures and Employment Policy and Procedures manuals
- Liaise with service providers to ensure upkeep of EMG office maintenance e.g. alarm company, telecommunications and internet service providers, insurance, recycling services etc.
- Supporting operational staff with regard to booking of transport, flights, accommodation and venues for official travel in accordance with EMG procurement policy processes
- Support to the Board of Trustees, Executive Director and staff for organisational meetings – scheduling, minute-taking and providing refreshments and lunches
- Keeping meeting room diary for staff workshops and events
- Management and maintenance of official documentation including staff leave records, claim forms, expense forms etc.
- Maintaining and updating service provider contacts records
- Office security – including keeping record of office key holders and key receipt for key holders
- Maintaining the EMG Inventory – asset register management
- Receptionist duties include:
- Managing the EMG switchboard and answering service – answering and transferring telephone calls, taking messages and recording calls accurately
- Front of house meet and greet, screening and monitoring all visitors to the office
- Responsibility for office postage, courier services, procurement and renewals/registering online for office business etc.
- General house-keeping – supervision of EMG office cleaner, ensuring a clean and well-maintained office environment & purchasing of house-keeping materials
- Ordering of office stationery, maintain a system of stock control for ordering stationery and ensuring stationery supplies remain stocked
- At least 2 years’ experience as a professional receptionist
- Diploma/Certificate in Office Administration, or equivalent
- Effective communication skills in English (spoken, written, reading)
- Competence and experience using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and QuickBooks accounting or any other accounting software
- Experience of bookkeeping and financial compliance is an essential requirement.
- Additional computer skills would be an advantage e.g. PowerPoint, WordPress
- Proven track record of ability to communicate well with people
- You will be a good fit with the rest of EMG if you are also:
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Friendly and willing to participate in team activities
- Innovative and creative
- Fair minded and practical
- Speak additional South African languages
You should be a South African citizen (or hold a valid work permit).
Submit your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the post to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 19 August, 2019