The SA National Council for the Blind (SANCB), a leading Non-Governmental Organization and an equal opportunity employer, seeks to appoint a dynamic individual in a five-year contract.
The incumbent reports to the National Management Committee, National Executive Committee and the Quadrennial Conference. Persons with visual impairment who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: National Executive Director
Location: South Africa
- Degree in developmental studies, management or social sciences, business and/or law;
- Five years’ experience in senior management with exceptional leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of advocacy in the disability sector in general and blindness sector in particular will be an added advantage.
- Core Competencies required:
- The successful applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Strong Leadership skills:
- be competent, accountable and a strategic leader with the ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally, including and not limited to relevant stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Be a team player with good communication and negotiation skills.
- Have sound financial Management and policy development skills.
- Strategic and Tactical Management:To provide overall leadership to the organization.
- Oversee the formulation of policies and processes including financial controls, management and dissemination of information.
- Financial Reporting and Budgeting: Overseeing the development of business plans, budgets, and annual reports. Meeting statutory obligations and reporting requirements.
- Relationship Building, Advocacy, Fundraising and Reporting: Develop and implement necessary reports, advocacy and controls.
- Spearhead establishment of an effective HR systems and policies within the organization.
The SANCB Offers the following Benefits:
- A market related salary;
- Membership of a medical scheme;
- Provident fund; and
- Group life insurance.
Applications must be sent to email: email@example.com Reference/subject line NED-PTA
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 17 March, 2020