The Social Justice Initiative (SJI) seeks to mobilise investments in South Africa’s social justice sector through direct resource mobilisation, increasing awareness of the sector’s impact, and facilitating engagements between social investors and organisations.
Job Title: Executive Director
The ideal candidate for this exciting and challenging position is dynamic and innovative with extensive relationships and knowledge of high net-worth individuals and social investment. They will provide strategic leadership to SJI and ensure its sustainability. The key function of this role is establishing and maintaining relationships that lead to investments in social justice organisations.
Key performance areas for this challenging position include:
- Resource and investment mobilisation
- Networking and relationship management with key stakeholders
- Organisational leadership
- Advocacy for social justice
- Fund allocation and distribution
- Financial and administration oversight
- Planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
Applicants with the following attributes are encouraged to apply for this exciting new opportunity:
- A track record of mobilising funds from high net-worth individuals for initiatives working for change
- A skilled and sophisticated networker and persuasive communicator comfortable with linking people, making connections and building relationships
- A leader with senior management experience
- Committed to contributing to sustainable change in South Africa
- Financially literate with the ability to manage and direct investment professionals
- At least twenty years of relevant professional experience and a higher degree in an appropriate field
- Skilled at working in a decentralized, flexible and unconventional way, a creative and lateral thinker, easy to work with and skilled at delegating tasks to a network of service providers
- A pleasant, collegial and problem-solving disposition
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday 4th December 2020