Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks a programmes and grants officer for the USAID VukaNow. This four-year program aims to support the shared commitments of the U.S. Government (USG), the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), member states, private sector partners, and civil society to dramatically decrease wildlife crime across Southern Africa. The purpose of the Activity is to coordinate learning and support strategic regional activities to address wildlife crime challenges. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Job Summary and Purpose:
Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeking an Administrator / Accounts assistant for the USAID/Southern Africa VukaNow Activity. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. The positions will be based in Pretoria, South Africa. The Administrator / Accounts assistant will support the Director of Finance and Operations to streamline all project accounting as well as human resource admin and logistic activities. The candidate must be people oriented; organized; able to multitask; culturally sensitive; and be a skilled communicator.
Position responsibilities in the original scope of work include but are not limited to:
Administrator / Accounts assistant
- Implement, onboard and maintain employees Health and Risk Benefits.
- Quick learner on ERP systems, therefore you should have worked on ERP systems before
- Support in loading payments as well as bank reconciliations and payment journals
- Supporting of invoicing as well as fund requests from home office
- Support for employee contract management and leave administration.
- Assist in filing of personnel records in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Assist in organizing project meetings, seminars, and training events
- Support finance team in managing the office petty cash and handles office filing, scanning, and organization of files
- Reconciliation of petty cash as well as replenishment of supplies
- Recording meeting minutes as well as notes
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed
- Support for providing efficient and effective logistical support for both the operations and technical teams in accordance with USG and USAID regulations in a fast-paced work environment. This includes but is not limited to coordinating project procurements, logistics, meetings,trainings, travel, lodging arrangements, and maintaining project inventory
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office and ensure appropriate communication, prepare boardroom and data projector for meetings; prepare beverages and lunch for meetings;
- Support with setting-up conference calls, booking and reserving conference rooms;
- Ensuring that after hours/special holiday messages are recorded, retrieved, and communicated to the relevant people where needed.
- Maintaining an up-to-date contact list for the program, both internal and external contacts;
- Tracking the utilization of office consumables,
- Maintaining basic administrative tracker logs (i.e. kitchen items, stationery and etc.);
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) required (experience, skills, education, certificates etc.):
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in progressively more responsible Accounting positions
- Highly organized, with an ability to meet short and long-term responsibilities in a fast paced, deadline driven organization
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and execute with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Organised, Independent, And High Work Ethic
Valuable but not Mandatory KSA’s:
- Experience on USAID or other donor programs is a bonus
- Provide efficient and effective operational and administrative support to the operations and finance team
- Familiarity with U.S. Government procurement and logistical regulations is a plus
- Knowledge of Southern African travel, logistics, markets and vendors
- Experience with foreign or international organizations will be an added advantage.
To apply click on this link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/fb0c401f562c45589e9c42dda5e77fe4
For enquiries please email, Finance and Operations Director: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 11th Feb, 2019