This role is only open to candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa.
Purpose Of The Role
- Role is intended to develop the trainee and help him/her gain hands-on experience in the sphere of SHE. The intern will also provide administrative support to the SHE department.
- Updates all SHE procedures as required
- Communicates changes to the procedures and safety information by attending meetings and updating Safety notice boards.
- Communicates changes to the procedures and quality information by attending meetings and updating quality notice boards
- Assist training facilitator with arranging and planning safety training for SHE team.
- Collates SHE statistics and results as required.
- Work with Coordinators to drive audit plans and corrective action implementation e.g. hygiene, first aid box, housekeeping etc.
- Take minutes and maintain trackers for all activities to drive SHE plans
- Select 2 key projects to develop own SHE skill and improve SHE within Unilever
- Spend a month at each local factory as part of development
- Completion of a diploma in Safety/Occupational Health/Environmental Management or Science
- Achieve a 60% average in your studies and
- Communications skills
- MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Accuracy in data capture / processing
- Concern for rigor and order
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 25 December 2013