Posted on :
19 Sep, 2011
19 Sep, 2011
The Auditor-General of South Africa (AGSA) is investing in the trainee accountant scheme, which is offered by the AGSA to provide people with the opportunity to qualify as chartered accountants.
• Support programmes
• Training: practical training is provided and monitored by ATCOR (Accounting Training Corporation) in accordance with SAICA’s performance management system
• Ample study leave
• Extensive exposure to regularity auditing
• Exposure to various fields of specialised auditing, such as computer, performance, environmental and regularity auditing
• Exposure to a variety of public audits at national, provincial and local level
• International auditing opportunities
• Competitive salaries
Person requirements Travelling is an inherent part of this position.
Degree requirements CA route:
Candidates must have a B.Comm. or B.Compt degree with Auditing, Accounting, and Management Accounting as majors. Taxation is also a requirement.
To be considered for the 2011 intake candidates must be able to register for CTA (one year programme) in 2011.
Registered Government Auditor (RGA) route:
Candidates must have a four year Degree/Diploma with the following subjects: Financial Accounting, Auditing (NOT Internal auditing), Management Accounting, Taxation, Computer Information Systems, Commercial Law, Statistics.
How to apply Email: [email protected]
Subject(s) Business, Finance, Management and Accountancy
Location(s) Cape Town
Offer valid till: 10 October 2011