Regional Marketing Statement
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role :
- State Street are continually in the process of enhancing its outsource service provision by deploying leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess 10 worldwide locations, including the UK, Europe, South Africa and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of their platform within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business personnel to play a key role in:
- Analysis, Workshop Participation, defects resolution, and documentation of the business requirements and processes covering the following broad range of outsourced middle office responsibilities: (1) Trade Capture, Matching and Settlement (2) SMF (3) Reference Data (4) Asset Pricing (5) Transaction Attributes and Processing (6) Record Keeping, IBOR Portfolio Book and Market Value (7) Market Data and Analytics (8) Corporate Actions and Income (9)Reconciliations (10) Post Trade Compliance (11) Client Reporting (12) Performance Measurement (13) Data Warehouse Management (14) Internal and External Data Interfaces (15) Operational Control framework (16) Global Operating Model Interaction
- Provide support throughout the life cycle of the business and technical development of processes through to implementation.
- Liaise with colleagues within the SSC Global network covering UK, Europe, USA and APAC in defining business processes and strategic approaches to meet SSC Investment Operations outsourcing deliverables.
- Support the process understanding client requirements and their impact within SSC Global Operating Model interoperability.
- Information/Requirements analysis using flowcharting and other methodologies.
- Review, analysis and approval of detailed requirements and related documentation
- Writing epics and stories in the Agile environment.
- Analysis of current processes and recommends improvements where appropriate.
- Review and approval process for business solution deliverables (Procedural or Technical design). Be cognizant of deadlines when determining solutions to ensure solution will be achieved within the deadlines governed by the project.
- Hands-On use of SSC Investment Operations outsourcing platforms to support Requirements, Process and Solutions research.
- Identify gaps and discrepancies in information gathered.
- Review client change requests and liaise with clients to ensure sufficient information is supplied.
- Participate in strategic project related to the middle office environment
- Contribute to problem solving resulting from JSIT/BUAT/CUAT
- Contribute to Progress reporting for Management Information.
- Contribute to effective management of risk and control within the project life cycle.
- Relevant Business Analysis qualification
Previous Level of Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in the Investment Operations arena of the Asset Management industry.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft office applications and project scheduling.
- It is essential the candidate understands the impact of Investment Operations services to its front office and has hands-on experience of being involved in the day to day activity or running of Investment management operations processes and controls. Previous experience with Investment Operations Record Keeping Systems and Data Delivery would be advantageous in this role.
- Previous Enterprise applications experience, coupled with basic SQL experience would be valuable in this roll.
- Experience in Agile framework regarding software development life cycle would be beneficial in this roll.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Candidate must be self motivated, self assured and reacts well within critical deadline situations.
- Conscientious individual who can perform both as part of a vibrant team and alone using their initiative and judgment.
To apply to this position, follow the “apply now” link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.