CCI is a non-profit organisation that designs and implements evidence-based HIV Campaigns, and HIV Communication Programmes aimed at HIV Prevention to educate the public to understand their risk of HIV infection in relation to multiple partners, correct and consistent condom use, transactional sex and alcohol use.
Job Title: Community & Stakeholder Liaison Officer – GBV
Job Location: South Africa
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Community & Stakeholder Liaison Officer (CSLO) will act as the primary liaison and will focus on building strong collaborative relations between CCI and the Government of South Africa, private sector, and civil society stakeholders. The CSLO will be responsible for ensuring regular communication with national, provincial, and community stakeholders. He/ She will interact regularly with the stakeholders’ point persons on this project to ensure that project development is in line with priorities of the different stakeholders and that proper technical assistance is being provided to ensure transfer of knowledge. This position is critical to ensuring skills transfer to local stakeholders and proper preparation of those stakeholders to take on responsibility beyond the duration of the project.
- In close collaboration with the Chief of Party and the DCOP, provide technical leadership and strategic guidance on stakeholder relations management;
- Ensure regular interaction with point persons from key stakeholders in the GBV sector to ensure that project development is in line with priorities of GBV stakeholders;
- Mobilise institutional and project resources, tools, best practices, innovations, technology to deliver a synergistic, evidence informed GBV response programme;
- Ensure relevant knowledge and skills transfer and provide high quality technical assistance to local stakeholders including Community Collaboration Networks and project implementing partners for sustainability beyond the duration of the project;
- Liaise with key project partners and stakeholders to meet project objectives and deliver results implemented according to best practices while being tailored to the various local contexts in the target municipalities.
- Support the implementation of the Capacity Building Strategy to guide uniformity and harmonisation of capacity building interventions among all project partners.
- Strengthening linkages and coordination between CCI and the community/stakeholders to improve service delivery.
- Strengthen GBV prevention and response among all stakeholders.
- Closely monitor implementation of the GBV project’s Capacity Building Strategy, across the various levels and partners of the project
- Ensure effective coordination with key stakeholders including government, civil society and private sector .
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the DCOP, ensure that there are signed MOUs with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop systems to ensure timeous communication and correspondence with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Gather intelligence and provide ongoing and informed advice regarding participation and representation of CCI in relevant sectors nationally, regionally and globally; in order to advance the programme goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Social Science / Development Studies / Public Health or related fields;
- At least 10 years of demonstrable experience in GBV prevention and response including national / regional and community-based programmes;
- Experience working with Government counterparts, and especially with local government, is highly preferred;
- Demonstrated role in strengthening coordination and linkages between community stakeholders, health and social service workforces; and operationalizing integrated service delivery models;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the relevant USAID technical guides will be an advantage;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organisational skills in English.
- Deep understanding of GBV and related policy issues
- Excellent networking skills and wide ranging interest in current events and developments
- Strategic thinker and ability to assimilate information fast.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative and take ownership of his/her tasks.
- Able to analyse and evaluate data and information.
- Able to generate and adapt creative ideas and solutions to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, giving attention to detail and maintaining a high standard of professionalism;
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Communication skills in other South African languages will be an advantage.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to Tebogo Makgoka, ([email protected]).
Application Deadline: Monday 20th May 2019