Child Welfare Durban and District is a nonprofit organisation that provides a wide range of services to children, their families and communities in the Durban and Umlazi areas. The Organisation’s core concern is to protect children who are at risk. This includes neglected, abused, abandoned and orphaned children, a large majority of whom are either infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Title: Social Worker
Job Location: Wentworth, Durban
This is a fixed term contract of six months
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients, and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Assess and plan intervention processes for children and young people in consultation with the, colleagues, family and/or relevant Departments
- In consultation with Managers ensuring that interventions and programmes for children and young people are planned, implemented and reviewed in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation, policies and codes of ethics / practice
- Consistently maintain the rights and dignity of the individual child or young person
- Assist in drawing up budget estimates for specific projects, programmes and/or services and ensure that all expenditure is correctly authorised by Manager and Senior Manager is appropriate
- Commitment to transformation
- Knowledge of Child Protection Services
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation (Children’s Act)
- Unendorsed driver’s license
- Registration with SACSSP
- No criminal record
- Computer skills
To apply, submit a detailed CV to [email protected]
Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants who fall within the designated groups in line with the organisations employment equity plan and targets.
“Should you have not heard from the Human Resources Department within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.”
Application Deadline: 26th September 2018