Funda Wande is an influential not for profit program founded by the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment and donor partners. Working closely with the government it aims to ensure that all children in South Africa can read for meaning (Literacy) and calculate with confidence (Math’s) in their home-language by the age of 10.
Job Title: Senior Maths Specialist
Employment Type: Contract -Two Years with the possibility of renewal
The purpose of this position is to find a person to fill an exciting opportunity to join a growing team doing innovative work in the maths education sector with frequent travel to the Eastern Cape. They develop video and print materials in all official South African languages to train teachers on how to teach reading for meaning and maths in Grades R-3 in those languages.
- Working closely with the Head of Maths you will be responsible for the development of high-quality maths teaching materials and supporting the provincial teams to successfully implement the Bala Wande programme.
- This will include:
- Contributing to all elements of the content development and learning design of the Bala Wande material for Foundation Phase teachers and learners
- Planning and delivery of FP content and methodology sessions for teachers.
- Assisting with the planning and management of Bala Wande implementation in the Eastern Cape and Limpopo in 2021.
- Training (and development of training) of the Maths Specialists to support the generalist coaches who observe and support the Maths programme in the participating schools.
- The successful candidate will have attention to detail, be a strong team player and display excellent facilitation skills.
- Masters degree in Maths Education
- Deep knowledge of the mathematics curriculum, ideally Foundation Phase.
- Previous experience in training of math’s methodology.
- Excellent Writing (Math’s lesson activities and learner material)
For the position please e-mail your CV and a 1-page motivation letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 27 March, 2020