Funda Wande is an influential not for profit program founded by the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment and donor partners. Working closely with government it aims to ensure that all children in South Africa can read for meaning and calculate with confidence in their home-language by the age of 10.
They develop video and print materials in all official South African languages to train teachers how to teach reading for meaning in Grades R-3 in those languages.
Job Title: Office coordinator
Employment Type: Contract up to December 2021
The purpose of this position will be to be responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of the office and supporting the Limpopo team with any logistics and requirements.
- Office Management:
- Support the set up and smooth running of the office, including cleaning service, maintenance, security, etc.
- Order and stock control of stationery and sundries
- Main point of contact for IT and telecoms issues (incl ordering and handing over equipment to staff, setting up email, Slack and Dropbox for new staff, handling queries to outsourced IT support etc.)
- Welcome FW visitors in a friendly and professional manner (incl arranging parking and refreshments for visitors)
- Answer main phone and transfer to relevant colleagues, take messages if necessary
- Manage boardroom and meeting room bookings
- Check that the boardroom and VC is set up for internal meetings, as well as catering and refreshments
- Act as designated First Aid Officer and maintain First Aid Box (training to be provided)
- Travel & Logistics:
- Book travel for all authorised requests within the Funda Wande travel guidelines. This may include car hire, flights, accommodation, shuttles, etc.
- Arrange all courier and storage requests from approved suppliers
- Events planning – Book venues, catering, travel, etc. for external Funda Wande events
- General administration:
- Take minutes at meetings
- Diary management
- Support Finance with Fixed Assets Register for Polokwane office
- Monthly credit card recons
- Manage and reconcile petty cash and per diems on weekly basis
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Sepedi essential
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite; experience using Dropbox
- Matric or equivalent qualification
- Driver’s license advantageous
- At least 5 years’ experience of office administration and travel
Interested candidates should upload their CV and a letter of motivation AS ONE DOCUMENT onto our Career Portal link:
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 4 February, 2020