HISP (Health information Systems Program) is a global network of people, entities and organisations that design, implement and sustain Health Information Systems. As a network, HISP globally follows a participatory approach to support local management of healthcare delivery and information flows, and was established by the Department of Informatics at the University of Oslo.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: HISP- Offices in Pretoria
Duration: 2yr year fixed term contract
Start Date: 01 October 2020
Benefits: include pension and medical aid contributions, 21 days annual leave plus study leave and financial assistance for formal studies.
- Business development: o Implementation of the overarching Data science business plan within the HISP strategy by ensuring that best practice approaches are applied for developing new and maintaining existing business. o Provide leadership to Junior Data Science Engineers in the configuration and customisation, conceptualisation and maintenance of Information systems. o Provide and perform the Research and Development (R&D) component for HISP to remain at the cutting-edge of the market.
- Corporate Governance o Maintain and monitor the process of developing accurate system documentation to define system architecture, processes as part of system documentation. o Advise on appropriate guidelines in data governance relating to client and company confidentiality. o Report on project and performance report documentation of high quality and standard aligned to defined frameworks or processes.
- Networking, Liaison and Collaboration o Lead the junior data engineers through the entire software development lifecycle to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs. o Provide domain and technical expertise, ensuring technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and Data Science or ICT team members. o Provide the Capacity and Skills Development of other HISP employees but also in assistance to clients when required both in SA and internationally.
- Specialised Technical Support and Quality Assurance o Provide, develop, and maintain complexed data pipelines as the primary responsibility of the position. o Drive automation through effective metadata management. o Remodel and improve the data management infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management. o Implement modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques. o Design and implement various methodologies for data quality and data consumption. o Lead the project teams to refine their data requirements for various data and analytics initiatives. o Become a data and analytics champion
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, data management, information systems, information science or a related field is required
- At least 3 year’s work experience in data management disciplines including data integration, modelling, optimisation and data quality or any other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks OR at least an honours degree in computer science, data management, information systems, information science or a related field
- IT skills, data governance skills, analytics skills and health domain knowledge with a technical or computer science degree
- Ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations of public health data
- Critical thinking and Problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license needed and must be willing to be flexible i.t.o working hours and willing to travel.
Submit your CV with a cover letter and a self-assessment matrix based on the key responsibilities of the position to [email protected] .
Enquiries: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Sunday, 13 September, 2020