Rhino Africa is Africa’s leading online travel company. From our incredible offices in Cape Town – the hotspot where travel and tech meet – we promote safari and wildlife destinations across the African continent.
What does it mean to work at a company at the forefront of digital innovation? It means that quality is everything!At Rhino Africa, we value our high standards and expect world-class results from our super smart staff. If you share our passion for perfection, you might be the ideal candidate for our HR & Recruiting internship.
We are looking for an intern to assist in the search for the most talented individuals to join our company.As an HR and Recruiting intern, you will gain operational insight into the different departments that comprise an industry leader, working closely with hiring managers in the fields of Digital Marketing, IT Product Development, Multimedia Production, Business Analytics, Travel Sales and more.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to go the extra mile.
The HR & Recruiting internship will cover a broad range of responsibilities, which will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Working closely with our company recruiter to understand our HR requirements and to find the ideal candidates for open positions
- Maintaining, managing and developing our main recruiting platform (Workable) and our various recruitment channels such as LinkedIn, Careers24, etc.
- Organizing and administering communication with candidates for all available positions in the company
- Developing, scheduling and assessing standardized tests for potential candidates and carrying out first round interviews
- Scheduling second round interviews in dialogue with managers, based on candidate test results and first round interview observations
- Liaising with Western Cape schools, universities and associations in promoting the Rhino Africa brand for graduates
- Actively headhunting those candidates not reached via Rhino Africa’s various advertising platforms
- Co-ordinating local and international advertising efforts across a range of channels
- Reporting on the performance of individual recruiting campaigns and using these analytics to drive subsequent efforts
- A degree in a relevant field of the Social Sciences like Psychology, Anthropology, Human Resource Management or similar is a must
- Any recruitment, administration or talent sourcing experience is a big plus
- You are proficient in all Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc), with a particular flair for spreadsheets and statistics
- You are organized, responsible, efficient and work well under time pressure
- You are skilled at analyzing people and understanding if they fit a job description
- You are outgoing, professional and communicate easily with candidates
- You show great attention to detail and have an excellent command of the English language
- You understand the concept of ‘cultural fit’ and how it applies to different departments in a business
- You feel confident in taking ownership of the recruiting process
- You are able to work independently and consider yourself a passionate, effective marketer
Please note that only South African citizens will be considered for this internship, and that preference will be given to PDI candidates. The start date required will be within the month of April 2017.
Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R 3000 per month.
We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the program. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.