Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit a Proposal Writer to be based in its National Partnership Team in Westrand Johannesburg. The selected person will research to argue for funding opportunities; develop and writer project proposals, log frames, implementation plans and budgets.
Job Title: Proposal Writer
Location: National Partnership Team in Westrand Johannesburg.
- Conceptualization, writing, and/or compiling of proposals/budgets, or concept notes, on a range of development programs (Health, (HIV/AIDS, TB, Non CD), Early Childhood Development, Smart Agriculture, Climate Change etc.) to a variety of funding partners, including: PEPFAR/USG, bilateral/multilaterals, foundations, and corporations;
- Manage the entire proposal production process from conceptualization through development (log frames, implementation plans, organograms) and submission in close collaboration with Negotiator.
- Responsible for the successful submission of the most responsive and competitive proposals.
- Works on multiple proposals at varying stages of development simultaneously and largely independently.
- Creates the proposal calendar, tracks technical and cost proposal progress to ensure milestones are met, and ensures that every member of the proposal production team, knows what is expected of them and when tasks are due.
- Provides detailed and strategic analyses of solicitations, develops requirements list and submission information according to solicitation instructions.
- Builds strong relationships with colleagues across multiple departments to facilitate collaborative proposal development and to continually improve proposal and business development processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international relations, development, journalism, political science or a related field or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in writing proposals, technical briefs / concept notes, capability statements;
- Excellent writing and editing skills; and
- In-depth knowledge of public health-related topics.
- Proven proposal development experience for USG Agencies (USAID, CDC, PEPFAR) and other bilateral/multilaterals, foundations, and corporates;
- Extensive experience in developing technical proposals, budgets, log frames, work plans, and other proposal sections;
Languages, Skills and Competencies
- Ability to convey complex ideas effectively and in a compelling manner to internal and external audiences;
- Demonstrated knowledge of national and international development, in particular, global health issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in teams under tight deadlines;
- Exceptional organization, analytical, strategic planning, and research skills;
- Excellent and proven ability to initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent inter-personal ability;
Submit your CV which clearly addresses the work experience requirements and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be an asset to the team, no later than to the following address: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 18th March 2020 @ 16:00pm