We are committed to furthering educational standards and best market practices to contribute to an orderly and efficient market place. We provide a holistic one-stop shop for our learners, ensuring they transfer theoretical skills into valuable practical skills.
Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Reports to: Strategic Information Advisor
To support with administrative, planning and coordination of activities envisage in the programme. This will include engagement with the staff in the National, Provincial and District departments of Health and other relevant stakeholders. The HRH Programme Assistant will also provide administrative support to ICAP office on programme specific activities as and when required in line with his/her job description.
Roles and responsibilities:
Program Administration and support;
- Attending to all administrative activities and queries related to the program
- Support with drafting of submissions, printing and circulation
- Follow-up on programme submissions and document submission movement
- File all submissions and program documents, ensure safekeeping of documentations and maintain a good filing system
- Ensure adequate availability of office consumables and stationery
- Ensure that all confidential documents are treated as required
Coordination and Communication;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders at National, Provincial and District levels and other partners as required by the program to ensure full implementation of program activities
- Schedule and plan for program meetings, conference calls and events
- Record and take munities of program meetings and events
- Manages the mail register, receiving of documents, registering the documents and disseminate documents to the relevant stakeholders
Finance and Logistics;
- Prepare and submit purchase requests for relevant activities after discussion with the program team members;
- Place orders and administer payments for workshops, catering, conferences and departmental activities;
- Prepare and process travel request and claim expenses
- Administer safekeeping of goods delivered and received.
- Liaise with finance office in the Department and facilitate submission of COS invoices
- Filing of order forms and invoices.
Monitoring and reporting
- Support the generation of user accounts for the CHW database system
- Run reports from the database as required by the programme
- Consolidate data submitted by provinces as per COS objectives for financial and non-financial reporting
- Maintain an accurate database of all stakeholders including the provincial and District WBPHCOTs programme managers
- Support timely reporting to all relevant stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as directed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 2 years’ experience in programme administration and logistics support
- Good communication (verbal and written), problem solving, analytical and planning
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work effectively with multiple teams, balance and prioritize multiple requests.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft suite and efficient use of internet.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Valid driver’s license.
The job may require the successful candidate to travel long distances and to be accommodated in different places around the country.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application to the following link https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/492711/program-assistant
Application Deadline: 17th February 2020