JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for a Procurement Officer for a USAID-funded HIV prevention Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) program in South Africa based in Pretoria.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Procurement Officer will report to the Senior Finance and Operations Manager and provide administrative services in support of the JSI EpiC Project VMMC program for all procurement, including but not limited to office, clinical and program supplies and equipment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishes a detailed procurement programme plan to determine appropriate specifications of required items, according to established guidelines and procedures and in coordination with project staff as necessary;
- In cooperation with HQ, prepare for receipt of international shipments, and liaise with competent authorities for tax exemptions, port clearances, etc. and the timely delivery of items to the beneficiaries;
- Receive and track approved purchase requests (PRs);
- Research specifications and quantities necessary for all items to be purchased.
- Create and issue requests for quotations and proposals.
- Collect quotes, do quotation analysis, and vendor selection justifications;
- Issue purchase orders (POs) based on approved vendor selection justifications;
- Track PO up to payment of vendor;
- Assemble all final supporting documentation for procurements made and deliver to finance for payment of invoice;
- Maintain procurement matrix showing pending PO and PR reports to staff as well as procurement pipeline;
- Assembly and scheduling of procurement committees when necessary for bid/quote analysis land selection of vendor;
- Undertake other associated tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- First University Degree (BA/BSc.) in Procurement and Supply Chain or other qualification graded at NQF 7.
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair minded, people oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email Specify on the Subject Line: “Procurement Officer” to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Thursday, 14 November, 2019