Posted on :
25 Nov, 2013
25 Nov, 2013
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Logistics management environment
• A degree or diploma (BComm or Logistics) will be an advantage
• Internal Service orientated person
• Willingness to work long hours and under pressure
• An assertive, disciplined individual with strong communication (written and oral) skills
• Computer literacy with working knowledge of integrated transport and route optimisation management systems.
• Knowledge of BPCS will be an advantage
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinates
• Direct and coordinate, through cross functional intervention, activities of the primary transportation department in order to obtain optimal use of equipment, facilities, and human resources
• Create systems for use in activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, and facilities
• Analyse expenditures and other financial information
• Set operations policies and standards, including determination of safety procedures for the transportation department.
• Recommend optimal transportation vehicles, routing, equipment, or frequency in the national network to ensure an efficient transportation department.
• Create policies or procedures for primary transportation activities.
• Plan and implement transportation flow management systems to meet efficiency requirements.
• Train transportation department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding national logistics strategies and efficiencies.
• Ensure at operational level the maintenance of metrics, reports, process documentation, vehicle service logs, training and safety records.
• Negotiate transportation rates or services.