At Masthead, our passion is keeping businesses in business. We know this can only be achieved through the caliber of people we employ – people who are client focused, set themselves high standards of delivery and have a willingness to go the extra mile.
We see value in operating a flat structure. Giving people the opportunity to take ownership of their roles and feed their entrepreneurial spirit. Innovative thinking, unconventional ideas, and a can-do attitude are what we are looking for.
Masthead (Pty) Ltd has a 1-year contract available for an Intern at their Cape Town and Johannesburg regional office, to oversee FAIS and FICA related compliance in the financial services industry.
Key Accountabilities Objectives – Compliance Duty
• This role delivers an outsourced compliance function to client financial service
providers in terms of service level agreements.
• Fulfils functions required in terms of FAIS legislations such as monitoring and
reporting to the financial services providers and the Financial Services Board
• Establishes and embeds compliance culture across the panel of financial service
providers and provides a compliance risk framework.
• Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
• Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for a period of 1 day to 3 months.
• Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
• Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
• Fulfils / achieves / follows the company values.
• Understanding and practical knowledge of Risk Management Principles
• Able to conduct presentations.
Skills (Essential) Role Qualifications and Competencies – Soft Skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic.
• In-depth understanding of client (relationship management).
• Outstanding service delivery.
• Conflict Management skills.
• Time Management skills.
• Work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
Technical Knowledge – The following will be beneficial:
• An understanding of the financial services industry.
• Knowledge of compliance legislation governing the industry (inter alia FICA and
• Computer literacy – Microsoft Office suite.
• Legal degree or B.Com (Law / Financial Management / Risk Management) is preferable
• Other – FSB recognised qualification
• Opportunity for further studies in Compliance, Risk Management, and Financial Planning.
• The company ensures that you receive the necessary experience while under supervision.
• The company offers development of industry-knowledge by enrolling interns to write the Regulatory Examinations (RE).
• Own Vehicle
In the Subject Line write this INTERNSHIP
PROGRAM: COMPLIANCE OFFICER UNDER SUPERVISION.
Cut-off date for this Vacancy is 10 November 2017.
Your application will be considered if you are a SA citizen & your CV meets the above criteria